Ame ni mo makezu
I'm currently working on ML infrastructure and ontology problems in biology: how can we encode, query and learn from a complex, high-dimensional reality?
I'm also interested in institutional dynamics, structured finance and its role in development, industrial design, philosophy of language, mountain running, wind propulsion, and food.
HM 1:10:14 | M 2:29:13
- > The Inner Ring, CS Lewis
- > Theories of Sauces, Jeremy Chan
- > On Thinking for Oneself, Schopenhauer
- > Politics and the English Language, George Orwell
- > On the Measure of Intelligence, François Chollet
- > Reality has a surprising amount of detail, John Salvatier
- > The MBA Myth and the Cult of the CEO, Haonan Li
- > The Master and Margarita, Mikhail Bulgakov
- > Stick and Ruder: An Explanation of the Art of Flying, Wolfgang Langewiesche
- > A Pattern Language, Christopher Alexander
- > Technological Revolutions and Financial Capital: The Dynamics of Bubbles and Golden Ages, Carlota Pérez
- > La Vie Devant Soi (The Life Before Us), Romain Gary
- > Reductionism in Art and Brain Science, Erick Kandel
- > Let My People Go Surfing: The Education of a Reluctant Businessman, Yvon Chouinard
- > In Praise of Shadows, Jun'ichirō Tanizaki
- > Kitchen Confidential: Adventures in the Culinary Underbelly, Anthony Bourdain
- > Siddharta, Herman Hesse
- > QuickStart Molecular Biology: An Introductory Course for Mathematicians, Physicists, and Engineers, Philip Benfey
- > Hackers & Painters: Big Ideas from the Computer Age, Paul Graham
- > On Writing: A Memoir of the Craft, Stephen King
- > Syntax & Sage, Sepandar Kamvar
- > Terre des Hommes (Wind, Sand and Stars), Antoine de Saint Exupéry
≑ Kitchen Bookshelf
> On Food and Cooking, Harold McGee
Needs no introduction.
> Arroces Contemporáneos, Quique Dacosta
Quique Dacosta is the rare Bomba artist who can articulate all science, mechanics, and creativity in rice cookery.
> Roast Chicken and Other Stories, Simon Hopkinson
Eating and reading well, no vacuous embellishments.
> The Art and Science of Foodpairing, J. Langenbick, P. Coucquyt, B. Lahousse
Dry for some, a transformative perspective on creating new ideas for others.
> Sauces: Classical and Contemporary Sauce Making, James Peterson
Both "cuisine de référence" and guide to exceptional improvisation in sauce-making.